On Friday, I officially had my last day at the CDRC. I cannot believe that, after 3.5 years, I won't be going back there in August. It was the best possible job I could have had as a college student. They were so willing to work around my schedule, it was on campus and easy to get to..and I got to work with some of my best friends. Working at the CDRC taught me a lot about myself and even more about the career I am so very passionate about. I know now, without a doubt at all, that it's the right one for me. God put me on this Earth to be a teacher..and I cannot wait to put His plan into action in just one short semester.
Next on the agenda..is a summer job. I'm nannying Connor, a little boy from the Rockin' Raider classroom at the CDRC, for the entire summer. I'm thrilled! Connor is on the Autistic spectrum (he has PDD) and is the most adorable little boy in the whole world. His mom planned all sorts of fun activities for the two of us this summer and she said he keeps talking about how excited he is. I'm keeping him for a few hours this coming Friday, but my job doesn't officially start until June 1st. I definitely think this nanny job will be a million and seven times better than last summer's was.
What else is new? Oh! You-know-who was over here last night..and we basically decided that there was no point in pursuing this relationship since we both knew that we were not one another's soulmate. I'm a little disappointed because I really did like him, but I know that it's for the best. Eventually I will find the man that God put on this Earth for me to marry..I guess I just need to learn some patience until he comes along. This morning I went to the gym and had one heck of a workout..I loved it! I haven't been able to go for several weeks because I've had bronchitis and a sinus infection, but it definitely felt good to finally get back in there. Here's hoping that August will bring about a new K'lyssa! =)
In addition to the trips and the job this summer..I plan on spending a lot more time with friends. The fact is, this is my last summer before I officially have to grow up and get a real job and I want to enjoy as much of it as I possibly can. My friend Alisha and I plan on spending a lot of time together (we met at Tech in Art class with Mr. Ed Check during Block 1; and absolutely never thought we'd end up being friends) and I just want to..relax and get back to finding out who I am and who God wants me to be. I can safely say, though, that I am one happy girl.
Goodbye Spring, hello Summer! (and with that..goodbye college life, hello real world)
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment